Monday, July 21, 2008

Do You Paddle Your Canoe?

Do You Paddle Your Canoe?

“As one goes through life, one learns that if you don’t paddle your own canoe, you don’t move.”

This comment is attributed to the late Audrey Hepburn, and if she didn’t make it, some one should have. It gives lots to think about.

I go through the normal ups and downs in life. Generally my “highs” are not over the moon, nor my lows in the depths. This is because of the journey I’m on and the great things I’ve been taught about life balance.

I learned many years ago that I benefit from the help of others, and am not afraid to ask for help and sound out ideas. There are many around who have a better knowledge in some areas than I will ever have, or want to have for that matter. I’ve benefited, and still do, from great coaches, mentors and friends who I trust and whose directions I respect.

Ultimately, I am responsible for paddling my own canoe.

We need a map and direction, but the responsibility for action lies firmly with me. I have a strong spiritual foundation, and my relationship with my higher power is constantly growing. That force, in most areas, is my compass, and I remember that daily in prayer and meditation.

I have been given the tools and direction. I am responsible, if I want positive movement in my life, to paddle the canoe using the tools provided.

I honestly do the best I can, and some days are far better than others. Do you paddle your canoe?

If you say yes, you’ll love the journey!

This seems to be my week for 2 day golf tournaments. Saturday’s round is done, and I’m still in the hunt. With Greg Norman doing it in the British Open so far, there is “hope” for seniors. By Monday, I’ll have all the golf answers!

No comments: